715 West 63rd Street
Until the Southtown Theater was built down the street in 1931, the Stratford was the premiere movie house in the 63rd and Halsted neighborhood. Built in 1919, the theater seated just under 2,500 and was located at 701 West 63rd Street. During the 1920s and 1930s, the Stratford was operated by the Warner Brothers circuit.
Photograph: Stratford Theater, exterior view, 1920 [Library of Congress]