190 North State Street
Architects: C.W. and George Rapp
The State-Lake Theater opened in 1919, initially as a premiere vaudeville theater, and soon became an important link in the RKO chain of movie houses. The building occupies the southwest corner of State and Lake Streets and was designed by the venerable theater architectural firm of Rapp and Rapp. A few years later, Rapp and Rapp also designed the Chicago Theater, located across State Street from the State-Lake.
In the mid-1980s, the building was converted into a television studio for WLS, the Chicago outlet of the American Broadcasting Company.